Thursday, September 27

There's fresh & then there is 'just caught' fresh

On my excursion to go Salt Water Stripe Bass fishing with my dad & a few friends on the charter 'The Hyper Striper' we all caught our limits (2 max/person). This fish is between 20-25 lbs and 36" and boy was it a fight trying to wheel it in! My pole was dipping down, to the point that I thought it was about to break. As I had the rod tucked under my arm, my hand struggling to wheel her in and my body wedged in the corner of the boat, this fish was going to be mine! Low-and-behold, with the mate guiding me and my unveiling determination to get this fish on the boat...guess what we had for dinner for 1 1/2 weeks straight!  For your pleasure I provided a picture with me holding the fish (yes, they were heavy and not the most desirable place to be holding it) with a smile...CHEESE, I caught fresh fish & consider myself the fisherwoman :)

Left-to-Right: Cousin Freddy, Rick, Me, Mr. Weise, Mr. Tom, Jonathan

And here's a recipe I made to go with it (click under Entree's for further details):




No comments:

Post a Comment