Thursday, January 24

Dense Dough

If your looking for a dense piece of banana nut bread, look no further because I achieved just that in my recent recipe...

I decided to experiment with applesauce along with flax seed and made the discovery that you must use egg in any baked bread dish. I thought that baking powder would have been enough but it wasn't.

I want to encourage all of you that it's ok to experiment and make mistakes because how else are we suppose to learn. The piece of advice that I can give you is to not give up. Keep on trying to make that perfect masterpiece whether it's substituting for a healthier choice (ie. skim milk vs. half & half) or trying a new idea to give a more desired consistency (ie. applesauce vs. olive oil). Even if it isn't edible, just take from the experience of what you thought could be improved upon in the recipe.

To wrap this into an even more beneficial disaster, you can make more trips to the grocery store getting exercise parking far from the front door and carrying a 10+ pound basket with your new ingredients and presto, you just burned more calories! See, it'll all work out in the end :)

For your laughing enjoyment look at my dense bread!

 

Well, I will try again when my banana's become ripe. Ready for baking round #3?!



Daily Devotional 

While reflecting on my bread and how not perfect it turned out made me impatient and frustrated, I drew my attention to the verses in James 5:7 & 8 on being patient:

" 7Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, waiting patiently for it until it receives the early and latter rain. 8You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand"

Although this is just bread, I related myself to being the bread: dense and imperfect. The Lord is working in me to become increasingly patient whether it's just baking or learning to patiently abide in His will, it's the culmination of these "minor" tasks that He is molding me. He truly is patient with me and abounding in mercy & grace, more then I deserve!


No comments:

Post a Comment